Friday, October 30, 2009

You Only Live Once

So, my posts today are going to focus around some of the stranger Twilight Zone moments that I've had during my week in D.C.  Another strange moment happened on Tuesday night.  I went to the grocery store with my mom, walking through a store from a chain here in the D.C. area named Giant.  This grocery store used to play jazzy muzak that I never really paid attention to.  Next thing I know, I'm hanging out in the deli section with my mom when "You Only Live Once" by the Strokes comes on in the store.  My mom starts humming along to the song, which is extremely strange given that, when the album You Only Live Once was released, I was completely obsessed and used to listen to it all the time and my mom HATED it.  Apparently, the album was ahead of it's time for the over 50 crowd and they now think it's the most relevant music out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment