Sunday, October 4, 2009

Balmain Spring 2010

So, I'm not going to lie - I, like many others out there, am a bit frustrated with Balmain.  I feel like Christophe Decarnin has been riding the same wave for the past 3 seasons at this point.  Those of us who love fashion expect a directional shift by this point.  Christophe did not give us that.  What I will say is what he's doing is working.  Also, his breakout collection for Balmain is still having a huge impact on fashion.  So, I do understand why he's not changing direction completely. Why ruin a good thing?  I did love the addition of the destroyed tees in the line.  I did like the overall military feel of the collection and I do have to say that military/utilitarian influences have been spotted at many collections this season, so the collection is trend right.  So, I guess that, in closing, I'll say that I hate that I still love Balmain, but my love may waver if I see another one sleeved wrapped charmeuse body-con dress come Fall 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment