Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fendi Spring 2010

Fendi has really started to develop a strong sense of identity in their clothes.  I would say that 3 or 4 years ago, I wouldn't have looked to a Fendi collection as a source of inspiration.  I think what shocks me the most about that statement is that I recently discovered that Karl Lagerfeld has been designing Fendi since 1965!  Obviously the furs have always been phenomenal at Fendi, but the true innovation of fabric and finish didn't really start to develop until a couple of seasons ago.  The Spring 2010 collection was definitely the best Spring collection Fendi has ever shown.  I loved the play between languid and fluid fabrics, the raw edges and exposed seams, and the element of sheer that ran throughout the collection.  Once again, Karl managed to take trends that have been emerging throughout the season (raw edges, volume on the back of garments, super short dresses and skirts) and reinterpret them in his way.  Can't wait to see what he will do at Chanel and at Karl Lagerfeld collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment