Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stillness is The Move

I've listened to Dirty Projectors for quite some time now.  I'm not going to lie, I purchased a lot of the early music from this band because everybody else was listening to it.  I can't say that I was really a fan of what I was listening to.  That all changed with the release of Bitte Orca.  This is their most accomplished album to date.  It's much more accessible than their previous work, while maintaining the artistic quality of their music that have kept them popular in the indie scene for so long.  It was a refreshing change for the band, but also a refreshing album for the times.  The video I've placed below is the first single off the album, "Stillness Is The Move", which is by far my favorite song on the album.  Also, so show the reach that this band has had this year, I've also attached the recently released cover of this song by Solange Knowles.  I know, you may be confused, but you won't be after you listen to the song.



No comments:

Post a Comment