Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nina Ricci Fall 2009/2010

As mentioned in my previous post, few designers have been able to compel us to view a design house as a whole new entity from what we historically associated with it's past.  Olivier Theyskens has made this happen twice now - once at Rochas, and again at Nina Ricci.  It was sad to hear that he would be leaving Nina Ricci, especially after having created some of the the most devastatingly romantic collections that I can remember in recent history(believe me, I can remember LOTS of collections).  Olivier's final collection for Nina Ricci was exquisite.  Not a flaw in the entire collection.  All of the looks were like works of art.  AND THE SHOES!  Fetishists everywhere gasped at the sight.  I don't think anyone will ever really know if this was just a progression of his asthetic for the house, or a final farewell to the house.  I like to think it was the latter.  It was definitely one of my favorite events of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment