Sunday, January 3, 2010

YSL Fall 2008

I was out with one of my really good friends tonight and she was wearing this gorgeous handkerchief hem wool jacket, when "Someone Great" by LCD Soundsystem started playing.  I was immediately flashed to memories of the Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2008 collection, designed by Stefano Pilati.  This is one of those collections that has forever been engrained in my memory.  It really embodies the techno-futuristic trend that has been a part of fashion for the past couple of seasons, but what I find the most interesting about this collection in particular is that the sense of the future is all driven through cut and not through fabric innovation.  I also think that there is a sense of nostalgia in this collection, as if the thought process used in the collection was, "if I was in 1980, what would I think people would be wearing in the year 2000?"  I really feel a Blade Runner vibe throughout, yet every piece in the collection does maintain the integrity of the brand itself, each feeling as if Yves himself saw every piece before it went down the runway.  The styling was fantastic, from the sunglasses to the severe bob wigs(which has now become a trademark of model Ranya Mordanova). Also, "Someone Great" was one of my favorite songs of 2008!



No comments:

Post a Comment