Wednesday, January 13, 2010

There's Space For All Dat I See

I am completely infatuated with M.I.A.  She is such an innovative artist, working with producers to create a true global mash up of sound, but also layering some of the most socially conscious lyrics written in the 2000's over those lyrics.  She really is genius and can't do any wrong in my book. 


There's been LOTS of rumors in the blogosphere about M.I.A. working on a new album.  She did confirm in an interview with Rolling Stone that a new album is in the works, and by the looks of it, it's a lot farther along that many had thought!  I'm guessing it's definitely going to be a 2010 release!  Also, it looks like Diplo's description of "Gucci Mane meets Animal Collective" is pretty accurate!  She posted a video on Twitter of a new song, which I'm assuming is a track for the new album.  2010 is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment