Wednesday, January 6, 2010

California English

I love that I'm staring the new decade out with anticipation for a new album!  It's one of my favorite feelings!  There's nothing like hearing new music come from a band that you appreciate and thinking that the music is great.  You just want it all given to you!  The band that has begun 2010 with that feeling for me is Vampire Weekend.  It's funny - I still remember the first time that I heard Vampire Weekend back in early 2007 and thinking, "This band is awesome!"  I actually wrote their name down on a plan that I reviewed on a weekly basis at work and having my coworkers make fun of me over this band's name.  They are the ones laughing now.  Vampire Weekend was obviously a huge indie success in 2007.  I think they had a lot of well deserved hype.  They had a really fresh sound that just felt right for the time.  So far, all of the singles for Contra just make me smile!  They are really great, upbeat tunes.  Their album comes out next week!  Get ready, kids!  Here's a single from the album, "California English".  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment