Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rodarte Spring 2012

What a wonderful fantasy the Mulleavy sisters spin!  This collection was one of my favorites that I've seen from the girls in some time.  The artistry shown here is comparable to nothing else in American fashion.  This collection was oddly reminiscent of the first two Rodarte collections in terms of the couture quality of each and every piece.  Every fabric, color, and embellishment was in it's right place.  It was part of the allure that drew so many of us to Rodarte.  The other part was a heavy dose of fantasy, which was also present here.  What I also find so fascinating is that this collection returned to a truly feminine place, which is so in tune with another major trend that emerged in the collections this season.  The use of Van Gogh prints in these pieces added the right amount of surrealism.  I can't think of any girl that I went to high school in the late 90's that wouldn't kill to wear one of these dresses to prom!  That's obviously part of what I really loved about it all.  I can't wait to get to see some of these pieces up close.  There is so much to admire here!


No comments:

Post a Comment