Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BORN FREE

Ok, so M.I.A.'s new album is getting mixed reviews.  Some love it, some totally hate it.  There's also a lot of controversy swirling around the New York Times article and her response to the article.  Essentially, she pulled a Kanye, and it wasn't pretty.  I have to admit, I was on the fence about the album initially, but it's grown on me with each listen.  I do still also see creative integrity in the work.  Is it as creative and important as her previous work?  Not by any means.  But I do think that people are judging the album harshly.  The reality is, it's still better than a lot of the garbage that's out there!


Ok, enough with my rant.  The whole point of this post was to give M.I.A. props on her amazing performance on Letterman last night!  She performed her song, "Born Free", with the help of a pack of doppelgangers all dressed just like her.  Oh, and Martin Rev from Suicide joined her on stage.  No big deal.  Check it out below!

No comments:

Post a Comment